SEND Manager – Maternity Cover
This temporary post will commence mid to end of September 2022 and we envisage the requirement for cover being until the end of the Summer Term, July 2023.
For guidance, this post as a permanent full year role is for 41 weeks each year (37 weeks term time + 4 weeks across school holidays).
Posted: 8th June 2022
Closing date: 30th June 2022
Interviews to be confirmed.
Start date: to be arranged (subject to normal checks)
Full Time Equivalent salary £30,984 - £34,373 depending upon experience - actual salary will be a pro rata amount.
Monday – Friday (37 hours per week) – some holiday working may be required.
Salary / Grade H
The post requires the SEND Manager to work under the direction of the Vice Principal Teaching & Learning and SENCo:
- To provide operational management of the provision for pupils with Special Educational Needs at Polam Hall School in accordance with the requirements of the SEND Code of Practice, including administration, oversight and monitoring of Inclusion Plans and Educational and Health Care Plans.
- To support teaching and learning across both phases of the school.
- To line manage, train and deploy Learning Support staff.
- To communicate effectively with colleagues, parents and external agencies and commissioned services regarding pupils who have Special Educational Needs.
- To liaise with SENCO to identify, monitor and implement appropriate provision for pupils with additional needs, including coordination of intervention timetables.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A good general education to Level 4.
- A level 3 or higher qualification in Supporting Teaching and Learning, or equivalent qualification, in an area relating to SEND.
- Experience of managing a team and supporting children of both Junior and Senior School ages.
- Specialist knowledge of supporting pupils with ADHD, ASD and Dyslexia and developing successful intervention strategies.
Polam Hall School is a 4 – 16 all-through academy and is part of Woodard Academies Trust. We have 750 pupils on roll, with two forms of entry in our Primary Phase and four forms in our Secondary Phase. Polam Hall is a school with a unique and long history which today is proud to be a fully comprehensive school serving the young people of Darlington. Our mission is to educate the whole child, developing leadership, compassion, character and academic ambition, through the combination of our Academic and Concordia Crescimus curricula. We have high expectations and aspirations for every member of our school community.
Polam Hall is a community where staff and students work together for common goals. We make every effort to develop our staff team, offering professional development opportunities and the chance to be part of a wider Trust, yet retaining the friendly atmosphere of a small school. We are looking for energetic and enthusiastic people to join our team, who have children at the heart of their practice and who will help us to drive forward our aim: to deliver an outstanding education to every single one of our pupils.
Please note you should use the supporting statement section of the application form to clearly evidence your ability to meet the requirements outlined in the person specification. The information in this section will be used to shortlist applicants for the role and therefore it is important that you provide enough detail to give a full picture of your skills and experience and what you can contribute to teaching and learning at Polam Hall.
Polam Hall School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Polam Hall School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.